March 29, 2022
The healing powers of rose petals have been known for centuries, and today they are used to make therapeutic essential oils as well as being enjoyed as a nutritious tea. There is evidence that roses were used in ancient medicine to heal a vast array of sicknesses. These medicinal uses include treating chest and abdominal pains, menstrual bleeding, and digestive issues.
ROSE TEA FACTS
- Rosebud tea and rose tea made from the petals have been used in Chinese medicine for over 5,000 years.
- Rose tea has several beneficial effects including boosting the immune system, treating a sore throat and boosting your digestive health.
- Drinking rose tea is excellent for the skin and the hair.
- It is an excellent, natural diuretic and is used to treat urinary tract infections.
- It is a healthy, caffeine-free alternative to black tea or coffee.
- Rose tea is sometimes referred to as the ‘lady’s tea’ because of its beneficial effects during a woman’s menstrual cycle.
- Rose tea contains high levels of antioxidants and vitamin C.
- It may even help you to lose some weight.
Rose tea is so good for you because of the diverse range of compounds present in rose petals and the rose plant. The plant contains various flavonoids, glycosides, terpenes, anthocyanins, and carotenoids. The petals also contain various powerful antioxidant compounds including quercetin, kaempferol. The bulk of its flavonoids are present in rose essential oil.
As well as its incredible antioxidant benefits, studies have found that rose tea also has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-cancer properties .