January 22, 2022
Abdominal massage is the most effective method in the complex treatment of constipation in adults, children and pregnant women, which has no side effects. It is used for a wide range of diseases: neurological, diseases of the limbs, spine, digestive and respiratory systems.
Constipation is a disorder of the intestinal tract. It is characterized by rare acts of defecation, pain during emptying, bloating with flatulence, vomiting, nausea, and difficulty in passing feces through the intestines. Problems with emptying can occur at any age.
- use of medications (side effects);
- dehydration (a person should drink two liters of water a day);
- consumption of small amounts of food of plant origin (cucumbers, zucchini, etc.);
- sedentary lifestyle (abdominal muscles weaken);
- gastritis, pancreatitis, ulcer, oncology, hemorrhoids;
- stress, depression, physical exhaustion;
- disruption of the endocrine glands;
- the reaction of the body to certain products (for example, intolerance to sour-milk products);
- bad habits (smoking, alcohol, drugs);
- surgical intervention in the digestive tract;
- worms (mainly in infants, newborns).
Ogulov's method is easy to learn, helps to start the process of bowel movement. You can do it every day before going to bed, lying on the bed with your knees bent. The specificity of this massage is that each organ has special nerve endings, acting on which, the condition improves - pain, spasms, stress, constipation are relieved. Three minutes are allotted for each point.
- We press on the reflex point of the gallbladder (one third of the distance between the chest and the navel and to the right 2 cm) to a slight pain.
- We continue pressing, moving along the ribs and making a projection of the pancreas.
- Let's move on to the liver. At a distance of two fingers from the ribs and press at an angle of 45 ° along the costal arches.
- We massage in the area of the spleen, as well as in the liver.
- The next point is from the right pelvic bone to the navel at one third.
- We return to the navel - from the navel to three or four fingers in a spiral we push each section to the ribs and back.
Indications and limitations
Massage is contraindicated for the following factors:
- Severe pain in the lower abdomen;
- Fever, high temperature, SARS, acute respiratory infections;
- Condition under the influence of alcohol or other substances;
- thrombosis of blood vessels;
- Stones in the kidneys;
- Unstable nervous system;
- Pregnancy (only after the permission of the gynecologist);
- After surgery on the gastrointestinal tract.
- The appearance of spasms during emptying is the first signal for contacting a doctor, and incl. to start using a soothing massage. It will help eliminate spasms, relax muscle tissue and eliminate pain. It is also necessary to consult a specialist if bloody streaks appear in the stool and if emptying occurs less than three times a week.
Massage contributes to the normal functioning of the intestinal tract, digestion, elimination of discomfort during defecation, strengthening the muscle tissue of the lower abdomen. Improves skin tone and well-being.
Doctors advise to do breathing exercises along with an intestinal massage for constipation.
By doing light exercises correctly every day for 20 minutes, you can forget about constipation, pain, spasms.
A warm heating pad and acupressure help with constipation. With fingertips, massage the abdomen from the navel to the bladder and back, for 5-6 minutes.