May 13, 2021
Edema Is a condition characterized by an excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body. It is most common in the legs and ankles, but it can also accumulate anywhere in the body. It can be the result of many causes, but is most commonly due to cardiovascular conditions and inactivity.
Recommended Essential Oils: wintergreen, peppermint, patchouli, helichrysum, cypress, juniper, geranium, grapefruit, lemon, lime, and orange.
- Dilute 4 to 5 drops of one of the recommended oils in teaspoon of carrier oil and gently massage the feet, ankles and legs upward toward the heart.
- Add a drop of the recommended citrus oils to your drinking water to help fluch toxins and excess fluids from your body. These oils have some diuretic actions, which helps increase the flow of urine and helps flush excess fluids naturally from the body.
- Take an aromatic bath with 20 drops of one of the recommended oils in a cup of Epsom Salts.
- Increase exercise safely to help increase blood flow and normal flow of fluids. Be sure to massage legs and ankles before exercise with a blend of one teaspoon of carrier oil with 2 to 3 drops of recommended essential oils.
- Use the 4 to 5 drops of the Comforting blend (8 drops – Geranium, 5 drops- Cypress, 5 drops-Helicrysum, 5 drops – Juniper)for a thorough massage of the legs and ankles after exercise and in the evening.