When it comes to creating homemade bathroom cleaners the best way to avoid toxic chemicals in most commercial cleaners is to use essential oils known for their cleaning power. Here are some of my favorites to use in my homemade bathroom cleaners.
– Tea tree essential oil is a proven anti-bacterial choice…a must for a homemade bathroom cleaner! BONUS: It’s also great for fungal control which will help prevent mildew in a moisture-rich environment like the bathroom.
– Lemon, orange or other citrus oils are powerful cleaning agents. Plus, I just love the uplifting scent of lemon for a homemade bathroom cleaner. This is a go-to for household cleaning sprays I make for myself.
Other essential oils you could turn to have proven anti-microbial or anti-bacterial properties and could be used in homemade bathroom cleaner sprays include: oregano, lavender, geranium, peppermint, clove, and turmeric. While the recipe below doesn’t utilize them, you could swap them in to customize your cleaner for your specific needs.
Homemade Bathroom Cleaner
Don’t you just love the smell of orange essential oil? It is known for uplifting moods, which is perfect when being stuck cleaning the bathroom. Plus, it smells so fresh that your guests will be welcomed when visiting.
- 2 Tablespoons of
- 1 Tablespoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of distilled water
- 25 drops of
- 20 drops of essential oil or