March 6, 2022
Nothing can disrupt normal daily living quite as much as pain that keeps you from moving around.
If you’re experiencing pain in the bottom of your heel, it may be worth getting checked out. Your plantar fascia ligament may be inflamed, which could be causing your pain.
Depending on the cause and the extent of the inflammation, you may find relief with a nonsurgical treatment, but in severe cases, you could consider a surgical procedure.
Plantar fasciitis causes pain in the bottom of the heel. The plantar fascia is a thick, weblike ligament that connects your heel to the front of your foot. It acts as a shock absorber and supports the arch of your foot, helping you walk.
Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common orthopedic complaints. Your plantar fascia ligaments experience a lot of wear and tear in your daily life. Too much pressure on your feet can damage or tear the ligaments. The plantar fascia becomes inflamed, and the inflammation causes heel pain and stiffness.
Fortunately, stretches and foot massage that you can do at home may help relieve pain and prevent the condition from becoming chronic. Here are some tips for self-massage with spiky massage ball you can try at home.
How to Massage with Spiky Massage Ball
Doing massage with a spiky massage ball is very easy. Just sit on a chair and put the ball on the floor. Now place your foot over the ball so that the ball touches the middle of your foot.
Start rolling your foot over the spiky massage ball back and forth with gentle pressure. It let the ball create reverse pressure on your feet. Do it 5-10 times gently. In this time, your feet will adapt the pressure.
Now increase the pressure gradually to make the massage effective. Be careful in this task so that it won’t hurt you. Do it for one minute then take 1-2 minutes rest. Repeat it until you feel good.
If you notice a specific point with pain, stop rolling. Take a rest for 5 seconds. And reduce the pressure while massaging in this point.
That’s all. It will help you to reduce the foot pain associated with the plantar fascia, especially the plantar fasciitis.
Benefits of Spiky Ball Massage
- Activates the pressure point to get relief from the pain of the foot.
- Ball massage increases the blood flow to the affected area so that the damage can get repaired.
- Alleviates pain by distracting the pain receptor of the brain.
- Besides plantar fasciitis, it also removes the pain of the sore foot, aching, metatarsalgia, Achilles tendonitis, Morton’s Neuroma, and more.
- Can be used anytime anywhere likes office, home, or gym.
- You can also use the spiky massage ball to relieve pain from other parts of the body.
- Easy to carry and lasts long.