May 23, 2022
The systematic use of white lapchatka root for the treatment of the thyroid gland is indicated for iodine deficiency states. The plant contains iodide acid, elemental iodine, silicon, magnesium, aluminum, zinc. These substances have a beneficial effect on the functions of thyrocytes - gland cells that produce iodine-containing hormones. In alternative medicine, lapchatka is used for hyperthyroidism, euthyroid condition, goiter and hyperplasia of glandular tissue.
The use of white lapchata in diseases of the thyroid gland
Lapchatka white (pyatipal) is a perennial plant that is recognized by official medicine as a therapeutic one. It contains micro- and macronutrients necessary for the course of redox reactions:
- mino acids;
- phenolcarboxylic acids;
- iodine acid;
Lapchatka white normalizes the level of hormones in the blood by restoring the secretory activity of the thyroid gland. Systematic intake of lapchatka provides:
- regression of inflammation in the thyroid gland;
- strengthening of general immunity;
- increased elasticity of blood vessels;
- activation of recovery reactions in the gland.
- Unlike hormonal drugs, lapchatka is less likely to provoke undesirable effects.
When phytotherapy is indicated
Phytotherapy with lapchatka root is prescribed for heart disease, thyroid dysfunction. The plant is used for endocrine disorders as alternative to synthetic hormone replacement drugs for thyroid such as - Levothyroxine, Triiodothyronine, Thiamazole, etc.
Indications for taking lapchatka are:
- hyperthyroidism (thyrotoxicosis);
- autoimmune thyroiditis;
- nodular and diffuse goiter;
- euthyroid state;
- hyperactivity of the thyroid gland;
- benign adenoma;
- hyperplasia of the gland.
In the absence of hypersensitivity to the components of the plant, it is used to prevent iodine deficiency states. The bioactive components contained in the plant restore the work of the thyroid gland with its hyperactivity or reduced function. Phytoncides and trace elements have a beneficial effect on metabolism, normalize the rate of division of thyrocytes. Rapid renewal of cells prevents their mutation, the formation of seals, nodes and cysts.
According to laboratory studies, the maximum amount of bioactive components is contained in the root:
- iodide acid;
Patients with pathologies of the thyroid gland are advised to use lapchatka to prevent iodine deficiency states. Dietary supplements and phytopreparations based on the plant restore secretory activity, accelerate the resorption of seals and prevent diffuse changes in the thyroid gland.
With insufficient work of the gland, patients complain of disturbances in the gastrointestinal tract - intestinal colic, constipation, heartburn, etc. Lapchatka refers to medicinal plants with a wide range of therapeutic properties. It is often used in the complex therapy of cardiovascular, gynecological, gastroenterological diseases. Regular intake of pharmacy and folk remedies with white lapchatka prevents atherosclerosis, stool disturbance, anemia, hypertension, etc.
How to take it correctly: phytorecepts
White lapchatka for the thyroid gland is used in the form of infusion, decoction and alcohol tincture. Phytopreparations are prepared from inflorescences and root, which contain a lot of iodine. The duration of the course of treatment depends on the severity of organic changes in the gland, the degree of violation of its secretory activity.
A tincture of white lapchatka. is recommended to take for insufficient and increased function of the gland. It has pronounced anti-inflammatory, regenerating properties. To prepare it, you should:
- grind 50 g of rhizomes of lapchatka;
- pour raw materials 1/2 l of vodka;
- close the glass container with a kapron lid;
- after 20-25 days, strain the tincture.
The dose and regularity of taking herbal remedies depends on the form of pathology of the gland. With a nodular goiter, the drug should be taken orally according to this scheme:
- 30 drops are added to 100 ml of boiled water;
- take tincture 25 minutes before meals 3 times a day;
- the duration of herbal medicine is 2.5-3 months.
With a relatively mild form of the disease, the tincture is taken for 1 month. Take a break for 1.5 weeks and repeat the course another 2-3 times according to the described scheme. Nodes on the gland noticeably decrease after a month of herbal medicine.
To enhance the effect of taking the tincture, it is desirable to treat the throat in parallel with ointment with lapchatka. The preparation is very simple:
- put 3 tbsp. l crushed roots of lapchatka into 50 ml of liquid honey
- infuse the remedy in the refrigerator for 5 days;
- apply to the throat in the area of the nodes up to 4 times a day.
Infusion of lapchatka. leaves is taken for insufficient production of thyroid hormones,. It stimulates the absorption of iodine by the gland, due to which the synthesis of thyroid hormones - tri- and tetraiodothyronine - is accelerated.
Recipe for water infusion:
- Put 2 tbsp.of dried leaves into a thermos;
- steam the lapchatka in 1/2 L of boiling water;
- infuse phytopreparation for at least 7-8 hours;
- filter through gauze.
Pure, undiluted infusion based on lapchatka can be taken twice a day for 100 ml. To achieve maximum effect, the phytopreparation is consumed 25 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is determined by the degree of impairment of the functions of the gland and varies in the range from 4 to 6 weeks. If necessary, phytotherapy is repeated after 1.5-2 weeks.
Infusion prepared from the roots of lapchatka is also recommended for children with congenital hypothyroidism:
- steam 1 tbsp. of rhizomes in 500 ml of boiling water in a thermos;
- Infuse it in a thermos throughout the night;
- filter the product through gauze.
The infusion is taken three times a day- 1/2 cup 20 minutes before meals. It is recommended to start treatment with small doses - 1-2 tbsp. for each time. Gradually, a single dose is increased to 100-125 ml. For gland insufficiency, the course of therapy is 2-3 months. The recipe is suitable for adults and children when herbal remedies with alcohol are contraindicated for them.
Medicinal decoction has the most pronounced effect on the gland. It is taken to treat the thyroid gland with thyrotoxicosis and chronic thyroiditis. A phytopreparation is prepared according to this recipe:
- put 25 g of rhizomes of lapchatka into 1 liter of mineral water;
- bring the liquid to a boil and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes;
- filter the cooled broth through gauze.
It is not recommended to increase the dosage due to a possible increase in intestinal motility, stool disorders.
The dosage depends on the age of the patient. Adults with hyperthyroidism should take this decoction according to the following rules:
- take this decoction 3 times a day;
- a single dose of this herbal medicine - 150 ml;
- duration of treatment - 2 months.
The decoction is recommended for women who suffer from hyperactivity of the thyroid gland. Its systematic intake not only reduces the level of thyroid hormones in the blood, but also:
- reduces pain during menstruation;
- restores the menstrual cycle;
- strengthens the general immunity;
- stops the manifestations of menopause.
A more concentrated decoction - 1 tbsp. of rhizome per 250 ml of water - will eliminate hypertension caused by endocrine disorders in the body.
Pharmacy preparations based on white lapchatka
Preparations with lapchatka extract are not inferior in effectiveness to many hormonal drugs that are included in thyroid therapy. According to European endocrinology centers, phytopreparations with a rhizome of white lapchatka normalize the synthesis of thyroid hormones in the gland. Tablets and syrups with plant extract have replaced many products with synthetic active ingredients.
Dietary supplement with white lapchatka is used to treat the thyroid gland with excessive production of tri- and tetraiodothyronine. The phenolic compounds contained in the plant stimulate the production of TSH - thyrotropin, which controls the secretory activity of the gland.
Features of use:
- dosage - 1 capsule;
- frequency of admission - 3 times a day;
- duration of treatment – 35-60 days.
Endonorm as a whole has a beneficial effect on the functions of the pituitary gland, thyroid gland, prevents iodine deficiency states.
Lapchatka white plus
The tablets contain extracts of three plants - lapchatka, kelp and echinacea. Constant intake of the drug provides:
- restoration of the contractile function of the myocardium;
- increased tone of blood vessels;
- decrease in cholesterol in the blood;
- normalization of thyroid functions.
Herbal remedy is recommended for hyperplasia of the gland, hypo- and hyperthyroidism. Adults take 1 tablet three times a day with meals for 30 days.
The composition of Endocrinol includes extracts of various herbs:
Capsules support the secretory activity of the gland, maintain the balance of thyroid hormones. They have antitoxic, immunostimulating and antitumor properties. Apply 1 tablet 3 times a day for resorption of nodes on the gland, restoration of lipid metabolism, prevention of iodine deficiency.
Drops with an extract of water-alcohol root are used as a dietary supplement for thyroid dysfunction. They have different properties:
It should be taken 30 drops two to three times a day, pre-diluted in 100 ml of water. The duration of the course is 25-30 days.
White lapchatka is a plant that infrequently provokes side effects. But an overdose of pharmacy and folk remedies sometimes leads:
- to a violation of the stool;
- lowering blood pressure;
- skin rashes.
Herbal remedies with extract of the root of white lapchatka cause tachycardia at the very beginning of treatment. The following contraindications are:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- severe hypotension;
- inflammation of the gastric mucosa;
- hypersensitivity to components.
It is necessary to refrain from herbal medicine during the period of exacerbation of allergic diseases, stomach ulcers or 12 duodenal ulcer. It is not recommended to use this plant for the treatment of the gland in violation of the contractile activity of the myocardium.
Prevention of thyroid diseases with the help of white lapchatka
Incorrect work of the thyroid gland is often associated with a lack of iodine. Regular intake of lapchatka prevents gland dysfunction, endocrine disorders. To prevent serious diseases, you should:
- 1 time in six months to undergo phytotherapy with the use of tincture or infusion of white lapchatka
- take a decoction of the roots for 30 days with a frequency of 6-7 months;
- combine products based on lapchatka extract with vitamin-mineral complexes.
To avoid iodine deficiency, you need to balance the diet, replace the usual salt with iodized. Compliance with preventive measures reduces the risk of organic changes in the gland and disruption of its functions.