by YOUNG LIVING January 20, 2016
Today, we’re sharing some favorite recipes that feature zesty Lemon! Want to zest up your kitchen? Bring a burst of Lemon essential oil to your day with these inventive recipes.Try these Lemon Sorbet, Strawberry Lemonade, and Lemony Peas!
PREP TIME: 10 min.| TOTAL TIME: 10 min.| SERVES 4
- 2 cups strawberries
- 4 cups water
- Juice of one lemon (for added tartness)
- 5 drops Lemon essential oil
- Agave nectar or honey to taste
Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor. Pour into pitcher, and then add water, lemon juice, and Lemon essential oil. Mix well and sweeten with agave or honey to taste.
PREP TIME 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME 4-5 HOURS | SERVES 4
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups organic evaporated cane juice crystals
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
Create a syrup by combining water and evaporated cane juice crystals in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and cook until evaporated cane juice crystals are dissolved, stirring occasionally.
Combine syrup, Lemon essential oil, and lemon juice in a medium-size glass or stainless steel bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and chill in a refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Churn in an ice cream baker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Cover and freeze until ready to serve.
PREP TIME: 10 min. | TOTAL TIME: 10 min. | SERVES 4
- 2 tablespoon extra–virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 2-3 drops Lemon essential oil
- Salt to taste
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the peas. Cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add salt and Lemon essential oil to the pan. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve warm.
Order this oil today here
LEMON Essential oil
Lemon (Citrus limon) essential oil includes the naturally occurring constituent limonene. Lemon may also be used to enhance the flavor of foodsand water. Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of Citrus limon, a 10- to 20-foot evergreen tree with highly scented blossoms and fruits. It takes about 75 lemons to make one 15 ml bottle of lemon oil. Lemons have been valued since antiquity for their distinctively sour taste which is due to the fruit’s citric acid content. As early as 90 B.C. there are records of lemons being used in Jerusalem in ancient festivals, and were used in Europe as early as 200 A.D. They were introduced to the Americas in 1493.
Lemon (Citrus limon)† peel oil
† 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
• Includes the naturally occurring constituent
• Enhances the flavor of foods and water
• Dietary: Put 2 drops in a capsule. Take 3 times
daily or as needed.
• Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. If contact with skin occurs, avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours.
• Jade Lemon™ Essential Oil
• Frankincense Essential Oil
• Thieves® Essential Oil Blend
• Balance Complete™
• NingXia Red®
• Inner Defense™
Did You Know?
• The lemon is a small evergreen tree that is thought to have first grown in northeast India.
• Lemon essential oil is a key ingredient in Thieves®, Ningxia Red®, and Inner Defense™.
Product Information Lemon Essential Oil—15 ml Item No. 3578
Order this oil today here